Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Friday, November 17, 2017

We are still working hard but we are still not seeing results.  We are trying everything and we have finished organizing the area book and we are looking for all of the past investigators.  We have found a lot of people but honestly we have almost nobody in our teaching circle.

The few people we have right now are Alexis AKA el Chino (the Chinese ? who knows why) and Amayrani.  But we are thinking about leaving Amayrani for a time because she isn't really progressing either.  That's one of the hardest parts.  Leaving an investigator.  Because we are just losing our time teaching them.  They aren't reading, praying or going to church and so really it leaves us no choice.  And usually it is almost impossible to find them.  Out of every three times we go we find them there once.  So sometimes we just have to say "we're moving on" and then 2 or 3 weeks later go back.  

We have found a lot of people to teach but when we go back for the first appointment they are never there.  Don't think that we are depressed or anything.  We just keep swimming.  We keep going whether there are results or not.  It's hard sometimes but we enjoy the little things.

El Chino is a young man, 14 years old.  He is the Bishop's neighbor.  He came to church a few weeks ago and now we are teaching him.  He said that he wants to get baptized but he wants to know more before he takes that step.  We have yet to talk to his parents and we hope that today in the evening I can go there and talk to him and his parents in a family night with the bishop and his family.

Now there's a funny thing it what I just said.  I said that we hope that I can go.  That is because today are transfers.  And my companion, Elder Melanson, is going all the way to Huejutla.  For those of you who don't know Tamaulipas and Veracruz Geography, that is about 8 or 9 hours in a bus.  So he went and my new companion is the ex-Financial Secretary, Elder Sanchez.  He has to finish a few things up in the offices of the mission and he is going to come to Victoria to be my companion on Wednesday.  I am going to be with Elder Adrade and Elder Adair these two days.  But we have appointments in Lomas, so I am going to be traveling back and forth with members to be able to go to some of the appointments.  For example the family night with the Bishop.  And then tomorrow we have more appointments than I have had in one day in all of my mission.  We have 8 appointments tomorrow.  They are all new people that we have never taught before so there is a very low probability that we find them. But I am going to go with Brother Hernandez to talk to each of them, and if they are not there then I will talk to their neighbors.  It should be super fun.  And then in the afternoon I am going to go with a recent convert named Homar to visit some other people.  He is super excited to go with me and I really hope that we have some great success so that he can keep being excited about the Gospel. He really shares it with everyone so maybe I can train him a bit tomorrow on how to do it better.

The computers these weeks aren't working to be able to send pictures so sorry about that.  We saw about 3 million frogs today by the river San Marcos and took some pictures.  They are smaller than the thumbnail but they are all over the city now,  It's super cool.

Thank you for everything.  I'm super excited for what's to come and I hope and pray that we can start having more success.  It's a lot of work but worth every single moment.

I'm loving the work and can't wait to start working with my old District Leader as companions now.  

I love you and pray for you. I can hardly wait for Christmas.

Love 
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment