Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Friday, December 22, 2017

This week wins on the crazy scale.  It started off alright with a lot of successes in the work.  We were able to talk to a lot of people that were very willing to accept our message.  So in that aspect we did have more luck than usual.  We also had interviews with President Ramirez and they went very well and he gave us some new ideas for how to teach better and how to keep finding new people.

So it was all going very well until Saturday. I woke up and felt a little bit drained of energy.  I tried to do exercise but I couldn't do all that much.  I ate breakfast and we kept going.  About 12 got here and I felt super tired and a little bit discouraged.  We even had some of the worst rejections Elder Sanchez or I have ever seen in our 3 years of combined missionary experience.  We went to the house because the sister that was going to feed us was going to bring us Pizza.  We thought that it was just hunger.

So we ate and then went to a stake Christmas "devotional" (I say that because there was really no opportunity to feel the spirit there, it seemed very "worldly" to me and the other missionaries)  So we were there and I felt like I had a fever, and I felt pretty bad.  We went back to the house and I got some rest.  I am feeling better now.

We also had transfers today.

Guess what!  I have a new companion.  His name is Elder Bawlby (I still have no idea how to pronounce it).  He is from New Jersey but he and his family live in Utah right now.  I really haven't talked to him that much because of being a little sick, but I'll get around to that.  We are still here in Lomas and we hope to keep working hard.  Elder Sanchez didn't go far, he is only on the other side of the city but he is going to be training a new Elder.  So we will still be seeing one another.

I do want to tell a great experience that was very much a miracle this week. We were looking for a past investigator called Gloria.  They were teaching her about 8 months ago.  We were in the colonia and the street but the register didn't have her house number, it just said that she lives in front of a bike shop and we had no idea where that was.  So we stopped to pray for direction, and we were going to contact people while asking for the bike shop.  We finished the prayer and an older lady was walking towards us.  She stopped us and started talking to us about the Jehovah´s Witnesses that stopped visiting her a few months ago without telling her why.  We told her that we aren't the JW´s.  And then we asked her name.  Guess what!  Her name is Gloria.  She said that she had felt the impression to talk to us.  So we went to her house and started talking to her.  She is recently separated from her husband, her 2 daughters already moved out, and she is alone.  the Gas also got there while we were there to fill up her gas tank, and the water jugs also got there.  She also found her pills that she had to take for her stomach just before we got there.  It was really cool how everything fit together and now we are hoping to find her in her home tomorrow to teach her some more.  But we are hoping for some great experiences with her and we hope that all of this was a sign that it is her turn to change her life.

I love you all and hope you have a great week full of miracles.  I hope you enjoy this Christmas season.  Thank you for everything.

Love,
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment