Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Saturday, February 17, 2018

To tell the truth this week was really rough.  I think that changing areas affected me a whole lot more than it had the other times.  It's not that I'm in an unproductive area.  It's not that I don't get along well with my companion.  It's not that I'm uncomfortable in the situations.  It's just that it took me out of my comfort zone a bit.  I think that I was really comfortable in Lomas and I didn't want to change areas very much, so I think it just shook me up a bit more than I expected.  Who know's why but it was a rough week.

We did have some great teaching experiences.  We teach really well together and think almost in the same way.   We are able to explain things so simply and so straightforward that I can honestly say that I've never felt so good teaching in my whole mission.

We've also been contacting a ton. I've learned that I have to be a little bit more assertive in the contacts, making sure that the people really know what we have to offer.  I have been trying to make sure that if there is even the slightest chance that they might progress to try to get an appointment so that we can try to pass by another day.  We have actually found a few people to teach that way.  Maybe we only teach them once, but at least that plants a seed in their heart for the future missionaries to harvest.

Honestly, it's a pretty small and a very humble area, especially in comparison to Lomas.  So that is kinda cool.  It is a more accepting part of the mission and It is actually one of the areas and zones that baptize most.  So I do have the responsibility to keep that going in the area and in the zone.  I am training the other zone leader as well, but I think that now he's going pretty well.  So I hope he keeps it up.

We were going to have several people in church yesterday, but it was incredible that nobody showed up to church.  We even passed by for all of them.  I guess that better luck next week.

I hope that this week I will be able to find something to be able to change me or my situation a little bit.  I guess I just have to trust what mom told me that they said in the conference.  “God doesn’t give us what we can handle.  He helps us handle what we are given.”  I think I'll study faith a bit more this week and try to get some more of that.  Wish me luck and pray for me a lot.  I need it.

I love you a lot and hope to be able to continue focusing on the important things for these last months of my mission.

Thank you for everything.  Keep studying and keep praying.  I love you.

Love,
Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment