Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 7, 2016

Brady's first week in his new area.

Nueva Cecilia is really good.  To be honest, we follow the book on a lot more of rules.  We weren't disobedient before, but how we ran the lessons and everything was not exactly how Elder Marrufo likes it.  The lessons are very structured now, a little bit too much and sometimes we don´t follow the spirit and the thoughts of the
investigators as much.  I am not nearly as tired this week though.  Honestly we do not work nearly as hard as we should.  I´m going to try to put a little bit more focus into this, and especially into working with the members (the work is impossible without references and members assisting the lessons.

Elder Marrufo is from Chiuaua, Mexico.  He has 6 more weeks than I have here.  He´s pretty serious, and I keep telling him to enjoy the work while still working, but I guess it will just be a serious 6 weeks, but he is loosening up a bit, which is really good.

The baptism did go on yesterday. It was really good to be able to go.  Elder Mercado (the new missionary in Hidalgo, Trainer Elder Felix) did the ordinance.  It only took about 10 tries, maybe more.  Apparently she has a severe fear of water, and this was the primary reason that she did not get baptized about a year ago with her family.  We ended up with her on her knees and just went forward into the water.  But it was pretty good.

We didn't work nearly as hard this week and the numbers really show it.  I´m honestly a little bummed, but not depressed by any means.  I only see it as a sign that I need to work harder and that I have plenty of room to improve on.

We did a lot of splits this week with the Zone Leaders and I really like them.  Elder Button and Elder Martinez (from Monterrey, Mexico) are both really cool and really good missionaries.  I´m glad we get to eat lunch with them every day.

I am really glad to hear the cubs won. Thursday I asked an investigator and he said that they had lost.  I was really
disappointed until Saturday when a member out of the blue said that the cubs had won.  I didn't know who to believe until yesterday I saw a newspaper and on the front is showed that the cubs had won.  I have the newspaper clipping in the house and a picture of it too.

Yes we had day light savings.  We are still one hour off.  Elder Mondragon didn't tell me until like 8 o'clock (really 7 o'clock).  I guess getting up at 5:15 you can get a lot more done with your day. But honestly daylight savings didn't kill me as much as usual.  I assume it´s because I just changed back the hour that I changed when I got here 2 months ago (already 2 months?!?!?!?!?!)

Yesterday was my favorite day this week.  Yesterday was fast Sunday and it really set the pace for my day.  I was happier and had more energy yesterday than I have had any other day out here.  I have found that when things are going the best that is when I think the most of home.  It´s less of a distraction.  I don´t understand why, but the
harder I work and the more focused I am the more I remember and think about home.  It´s not a bad thing, just a very interesting side effect of really giving it my all.  I hope that all made sense to you.

I love you guys and hope that you keep making the right decisions and are always an example to the others around you.  Treat the missionaries well, always, always give them treats when they stop by. Cookies, brownies, smoothie, ice cream, anything that is a treat.  It honestly helps a lot with the work.  I´m not just saying that, I really mean it.  The missionaries will love you and will help you to get more involved.  And give them water too.  If you offer they will not say no.

I love that 85 degrees is starting to feel normal.  I hate that mosquitoes bite no matter how much bug spray you put on ( the worst is the bite in the middle of the palm of my hand, how? I have no idea)  My stomach is great, and everything is going really well.

Thank you for all of your support.  I love you
Elder Brady Allred

PS the milk here is really an adventure, everyday is a new flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment