Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Sorry for the delay.  It has been a busy week.

Hey.  How are you all?  I'm glad to hear that you had a good ward conference this week end.  We had a stake conference and it was really good, the only bad part is that it makes it a lot harder to have investigators come to church when it's a little further away.  But we learned a lot and the 70 told everyone that they need to fulfill their duties and to help us with the missionary work.

This week was another crazy week.  I´m deciding that there is no such thing as a normal week.  One of the funniest experiences this week was with an old lady.  She yelled at us in the street "and my friends walk by without saying hi"  So we stopped and that was where we messed up.  She was dressed in rags, and really short and really angry at the world.  She said that they had just kicked her out of the party across the street for dancing to their music, and when see showed us her dancing I would have kicked her out of a party too.  She said that everyone says that she's crazy even her kids and neighbors.  I didn't believe her at first, but now I do.  She knows the bible like the back of her hands, but when she quotes the scriptures she makes everyone close their eyes and then raises her hand and turns in circles and dances while reciting them.  She violated our space a little bit.  We talked to her daughter a little bit and she said that she was abused as a child and because of that she has some problems.  We shared the plan of salvation with her daughter, and neither of the sisters wanted anything to do with us, just to talk to us in the street for 45 minutes about all of the neighbors and children that want to kill her.  The weirdest part was at the end.  She said to my companion "I like you becuase you´re a good person" and then turning to me she said "but you, I love you like a boyfriend."  Just imagine that coming from a very crazy, Mexican Senora Denny dressed in colorful rags and you've got the image in your head.  I hope you don't have nightmares and I hope that mine stop hahaha.

We had divisions this week for my companion to go to the Mission leadership council.  I went with Elder Chero again.  He's from Peru and it's pretty fun to be with him.  We visited a member and Elder Chero went to the bathroom.  He said his stomach hurt, and I guess that explains why he was in the bathroom for an hour and a half.  I ate some really good tostadas during all of that and then we ran home as fast as we possibly could.

We didn't see a ton of success this week with the investigators, but this week we've already decided what changes that we need to make and we're going to make them, and have a really good and successful week.

Thank you for all of your support and love from home.  I hope you all have a great week and keep doing what the Lord has commanded.  Never forget to read the scriptures personally or as a family.

I love you and hope you do what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment