Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 27, 2017

That was weird.  I was writing the date and then I remembered that today was the day that I got Fisher (the dog from Build a Bear).  That sparked up some happy memories.  I guess that means that he's 13 years old, right?

Anyway, this week was pretty good.  It sounds like you guys had a good week too.  I'm really jealous of the snow that you have.  I'm sweating like it's the fourth of July and you are all bundled up in school.  I think I prefer the fourth of July, not for the heat but for the experiences.

I guess I'll start with President Nelson.  It was a pretty awesome experience. He answered a few questions that I had had and gave us a lot of really good advice.  He explained more about our purpose and about repentance.  He shared a great experience about starting to work before God can answer our prayers and questions (another story with heart surgery in which he had no idea how to do a surgery and it had never been attempted before but that when he got everything opened up he suddenly knew how to do it, just another break through).  We got to go to a reunion with 50 missionaries from the mission and then in the evening one with all of the city.  Maybe about 3000 people went, maybe.  He talked more about the family and that we need to teach our children about God and teach them to be firm in their beliefs.  I'm so grateful for the great parents that I have that have put me on that path that is bringing me so much happiness.  We also got to hear from the President of the 70 and the area president of Mexico.  We learned some really great things that have already really started helping us work better.

One of these things was with prayer.  L Whitney Clayton the President of the 70, asked us if we actually kneel down to say a prayer with the investigators at the end of the first lesson.  We admitted that we do not and then he explained to us how.  We have to get the investigator to ask God if what we are sharing is true.  We did it the next day.  Fernando is interested in the Church but he's not reading or praying.  So after explaining the Book of Mormon a bit better we invited him to pray.  He said yes.  We told him to ask God, "God, I want to know if what the missionaries are teaching me is the truth."  He prayed a very beautiful prayer and when he got to the question the spirit filled the room in a way that I've never felt in a lesson before.  When we finished all he could say was "that feels weird"  We told him that it was the spirit and that it was answering his prayer.  He knows now that its the truth.  But I guess that wasn't enough to get him to church yesterday.  I guess we'll figure that out this week.

We have kind of fallen a bit.  We didn't have a ton of time to work last week with the conference all day Wednesday, and then a stake activity Friday and a ward activity Saturday.  We've been really busy but we haven't had all of that much time to work with the people.  We've already figured out the plans for this week and we're going to have a really good week.

I'm really excited for Friday.  I feel like it´s going to be a really good day, and I´m hoping that you all have a good birthday on Friday.  I´m excited to open my present on Friday it´s been there for over a month and I'm anxious to see what's inside.  And if you don't mind for my birthday dinner when you have time I think it would be great to eat grilled cheese (they don't have cheddar cheese here and I'm kinda disappointed.)

I did get to see Tyler this week with President Nelson.  He's doing pretty good.  He´s getting there on his Spanish and I think he's enjoying his mission.  He was pretty excited to see me too.

I can´t think of anything else.  This is always the fastest hour of the week.  Have a great week I love you.

Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment