Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Sunday, August 27, 2017

This week was only slightly more eventful than last week.  But I do have to admit that I did think about Wolf Creek quite a bit on Saturday.  We were doing a service project for a less active Brother and I think that my mind took advantage of the physical activity to take a break thinking about the nice, green, and cool mountains.  The idea of the coolness was a very relaxing thought.  and I just told myself, "Next year you will be going through the same experience. But! in one year and two weeks you will be there.  So JUST WAIT!" and so I will wait another year and two weeks and not worry about it.  But, it was great to see several pictures of people and scenery.

I would like to comment that Kira is a lot taller, Zander´s hair is a very different color, and I had never noticed so much the eye colors of all of you.  And that was sad to hear about Brian and I will be praying for him as well.  It was good to see a few pictures of loved ones and I feel ready to give it all again.

This week we worked a bit more with Steve.  We invited him to get baptized and he accepted a baptismal date for September 2nd.  And then he told his friend Alan to tell us no.  He said it made him feel uncomfortable to tell us no.  But at the end of everything he is not going to get baptized for at least 2 or 3 weeks until he feels like he knows more (that´s what they always tell us).

Daniel came to church again.  We are trying to help him understand that Green Tea is not good for you because God said so.  But that's not working to well.  We are in the difficult process of getting him to start reading the Book of Mormon again to be able to strengthen his testimony of Joseph Smith and that he was a prophet when he received the Word of Wisdom from God.  But so far he hasn't read much of anything.  We were able to get him to church again after a very serious talk about faith (thank you Alma 32, it got my point through that if he didn't read or go to church he was basically uprooting his tree of faith)  I also had the great experience of being able to promise specific and much needed blessings for him and his family if he went to church.  I have never felt such certainty about the blessings of Sabbath day observance as I did in that moment when I knew that he needed those blessings and I knew that I could promise them.

We also had a very pleasant surprise yesterday.  We finished the sacrament and as I went back to my seat I saw the Elders from the other ward motion that I needed to go out.  I told my companion to come, follow me, and he followed.  We got out there and to our surprise we saw a man that we had contacted the other day waiting for us with his mom.  He apologized for getting there late but they came in and enjoyed the last 2 and a half hours of the church block.  We were remarkably surprised seeing that he was half drunk the other day when we talked to him.  But we are going to work on that and I personally think that he will progress and we will help him to stop drinking and smoking.  Some one once said "I love it when the chapel smells of cigarette smoke"  I guess we fulfilled that dream yesterday.


My companion really thought that he was going to get transferred so lucky you.  He took a ton of photos last week so I will send you a few.

We are going to play No Coma a Pedro today in a family night.  for those of you who don´t speak Spanish that's Don"t Eat Pete.  It's my first attempt so hopefully it goes over well.

Wow I feel really good now.  It was great to hear about your week and I feel super excited for this week.  Make sure to send some good pictures of wolf creek every week ;) and the family too if you want.

I love you all so much.  It's great to see that you are all growing up and enjoying so much.  I hope you all work super hard in school this year and have a great time.  Please be great examples of the believers and do everything for the right reasons.  The church is true and God and Jesus Christ live.  Read the book of Mormon and you will know that it is true.  I love you.

Elder Brady Allred












No comments:

Post a Comment