Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Friday, October 6, 2017

I got changed again.  What a surprise!!  I am now in Lomas, Victoria (ward, and stake)  I am with Elder Melanson.  He's from Lehi,Utah.  I sure hope you don't need a map to find where that is.  He has 15 months.  I'm super excited to learn from him seeing that he is a really great missionary and has a lot of experience with other great missionaries.  Finally someone that can teach me more about how to work hard!!!!!!

So that means that I left Daniel, Karen and Rebeca there in Flores to keep trying to go to church. I honestly am a little bit sad that most of the converts that I have had are not going to church.  I learned today that Frederico (from Hidalgo, Madero, my first area) is still super active.  He's blind and mentally impaired but he's the only one that is still active, besides Daniel who came to church yesterday.  We are still trying to help the other ones to come back and find the church again, but that is really a lot harder than retention.  Retention is easier than reactivation, every time.

So we had an eventful General conference.  We got there on Saturday and to our surprise the projector had been stolen.  Somebody had set it up the night before in the sacrament room, instead of the high security room that all of the churches have here.  That's where they guard all of the technology.  And every door in the church has a lock.  But to our surprise somebody had left it out and somebody else opened one of the windows (they broke the lock) and stole the projector and broke the door of the other bishop's office.  In the bishops office they didn't find anything of value and tried to open the security room.  But let me say, the church knows how to make a high security room.  It's impossible to open without the crazy keys that they use for those doors.

So the consequence of that was that we didn't see the first session of the conference, we only got to hear the last part of the talk of Jefferey R Holland, thanks to the modern technology called the cell phone, and we saw most of the second session.  And then they worked out a temporary replacement and that worked everything else out for us, for Sunday.

But other than that the conference was super great.  I felt a lot of love and a great message of repentance and forgiveness.  I honestly recommitted myself to study the Book of Mormon with more prayer.  I hope not to hurt anybody's feelings, but it is a lot harder for me to find time to read the Book of Mormon in the mission than at home. At home I could do it at 11 or 12 at night, but here I can't do that.  So I have missed a few days, but I have recommitted to never miss another day and to study it more than just read it.  Honestly it is a very true book and with the spirit of pray anyone can get to know Jesus Christ a whole lot more.

I'm super excited to be here and I'm excited for what is to come in these weeks that are on their way.  I am glad for what I've learned and I hope to apply it and have a lot of success here in Lomas.

I love you.
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment