Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 9, 2018

It's great to hear from all of you and to hear that you all enjoyed your full week vacation. It's funny cuz everybody here in Mexico had 2 weeks of vacation for spring break.  Keep up the good work and enjoy your time.

The good news is that my eye had a full recovery.  I can now see like an eagle once again.  It is great to know that God is protecting and saving his missionaries from worse problems.

Well this week Blanca is the investigator that is progressing most.  She was the only one that came to church yesterday.  She is very interested in just about everything.  She asked us yesterday about fasting, family history work, and said that she was very confused when all of the sisters were confused about ministering in relief society. She didn't really get what was going on cuz half the relief society was not there in general conference nor when the bishop read the letter from the first presidency.  So they were all really confused.  She is reading a lot and she is starting to look into closing her business on Sundays to be able to go to church more easily.

Veronica didn't go because she was throwing up.  We are now talking to her about marriage plans so hopefully we will be able to get that to go through.  Jose Mateo never got there yesterday.  And then he didn't answer his phone.  We have no idea what happened and no idea why he didn't make it.  So we will look into that soon.  I'm sure he is alright.

I was reflecting a little bit last night and found something very interesting. 

I remembered distinctly two prayers.

The first was one day while we were going to an area to work, we were looking for people to teach. I remember that just before we went in to start looking I asked my companion if we could say a prayer. I said the prayer.  I said something along the lines of "Please help us to find some one that has been waiting for us. Some one that has a strong desire to know more about the Book of Mormon."  As we went that day we found Jose Mateo. We had gone to his house to look for him twice cuz we had found his name written in the area book.  That same day was the second time. And he wasn't there so we went to contact the whole street waiting for him.  And when we made it to the corner he passed behind us, and looked at us. And kept walking. So we watched him go into the house where we had been looking for him. And we said "oh, no, he is very old, I don't think he can read"  Sorry for that stereotype but that was what we thought.  So we did go back and when we got to his house he came out with the Book of Mormon and invited us in. He wanted to know more.

I didn't realize it in the moment but it was definitely an answer to my prayer. God did guide us to someone that wanted to know more about the book of Mormon.  And now he is progressing, we just have to find him again.

And I remembered the day that we were working looking for new people to teach. I remember that I had the distinct impression to go to another part of the area, cuz someone was waiting for us. And I felt like the person was waiting on the corner. When we started getting closer we decided to pray. Once again I said the prayer. I asked for God to lead us to the person that was waiting for us and that we would find them on the corner.  And that day I didn't realize that God answered that prayer too.  But we started looking, and we contacted a few corners. And we even asked for references to find out if someone had a recently passed away family member, a recent birth, even a change in employment. And we finally got one reference so we tried to look for it. We never did find that reference but we felt guided to contact another house.  And guess what. It was the corner house and Blanca came out. And now that we have been working with her, I believe that she was waiting for us, just not consciously. And the weird thing was that it was a week day and she is never home on week days, so I do not believe that it was a coincidence.

I love that God did answer those prayers and I will make sure to continue thanking Him. It strengthens my testimony that God does answer prayers, and even more when they are specific and when we show our faith through our works afterwords. I believe that this was the message from conference.  And I testify that it is true.

Thank you for all of your love and support.  Have a great week of school.  I love you all.

Love 
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment