Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Friday, April 6, 2018

This week was great and I loved conference.  We went to all of the sessions.  It was very worth the time. I loved the new changes and I know that they are very inspired changes.  Without a doubt Russell M Nelson is God's prophet today. You can just see the mantle upon him and you hear it in his voice.  He is not the same man that he was 4 years ago, and he is not the same man that he was when this year started.  He has changed and it just shows in his countenance and in the simplicity of his talks.  They now just have a way of connecting with us and inspiring us in a way that only a true prophet can do.  I felt the spirit several times while he was talking and he seems to be stronger than ever.  I think that he will lead us into better times in the church even if outside the church everything keeps getting worse.  I have felt inspired to continue working.

I invite every one to listen to what he said and to put it in practice.  Write down your goals.  There are definitely things there for you, things that you can do better and that you will be blessed for doing. Without a doubt there are blessings for obeying the prophet's voice.  You can see it in President Nelson's example  (his talk from October and Elder Anderson's talk from October).  Follow the prophet he knows the way

So it was great to have 4 chances to take investigators to church.  Jose Mateo went once, Veronica went once with her daughter Veronica.  And Florencio came with his wife Erica.  
Jose Mateo is about the same.  We are trying to see if we can help him to have faith and to repent. In my opinion that's all we really need to help investigators to do.  There are a lot of other requirements but all of those can be completed if some one has faith in Jesus Christ and they repent.  It's just that simple, the Gospel

Veronica is getting there.  She doesn't understand much. But she has more to study than Joseph Smith so she should be able to understand it if she wants to .  We are getting there.  Her 13 year old Daughter does understand well and we hope that she can help her mom to progress.

Florencio is a pretty new investigator and it honestly surprised me a bit that he did come to church.  He has some pretty weird ideas but he is slowly taking to heart the gospel. We are getting there.  It's great to see the gospel change lives.

We have a few other investigators, Blanca and Maria Eneth, but there's not time right now to talk much about them.  It's all a work in progress.

This week I almost got my eye poked out by a balloon. I was blowing it up and it exploded. It wasn't even half full. I have no idea why that happened.  We were doing a free car wash to find people to teach. So we were in the church building and we put some balloons to draw attention.  We did end up washing about 30 cars in about 6 hours so that's pretty great.

So any way I was filling up the balloon and it exploded and hit me in the eye.  So it turned all red and I couldn't see very much out of it, it was all really blurry. So after the car wash (hey I was busy) we went to the hospital to take care of it.  I thought that it just hurt because I got hit, but when it kept burning we decided to go.

We went to the hospital and the ER doctor looked at it.  He said that my retina was fine and that I didn't have bleeding in my eye. So they talked to the oftamologist (? eye doctor, that´s the name in spanish oftamologo)  he wasn't working that day so about 2 hours later a doctor got there to check it. He did some exams and said that the protective "skin" (I don´t know if you call it skin, but the protective film) that is on my eye broke.  It's pretty much just saying that I scratched my replaceable screen protector. So he put a patch on it for 24 hours and then I have some eye drops to put in every 4 hours.  I am just about perfect again. I should have a perfect and full recovery.  My screen protector is just about replaced.  I can see great now at close distances and at far distances I almost have my perfect vision back again. But it was real rough to walk around for a day without depth perception.  I am so grateful that God does protect his missionaries.  The good news is that we found a family through the activity so it was all worth it.

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week.  Thank you for all of your prayers they do make the difference. 

Elder Brady Allred

PS follow the prophet always

No comments:

Post a Comment