Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Saturday, May 12, 2018

So I have to admit that missionary work is very hard, and very taxing.  But that is how we learn.  It has taught me how to trust more in the Savior and just let Him take away my pain and struggles. Hopefully I can learn to depend on Him even more.  He is always there to help me out.

So this week we decided to go looking for Carlos Samael, the now Ex young men's president. We wanted to talk to him. It was the first time in over 3 months that we had decided to visit him. I had never been to his house before. So we got there and his grandma invited us in. She is missing a leg due to an accident that she had 2 years ago, she is almost ready for the prosthetic.  And her husband also had an accident, first he lost a lot of his hand to an accident and then when they were going to put in the antibiotic they hit his nerve in his backside and so he lost all of his feeling in his left leg.  so they are recovering and then they will be back to church. But what to our wondering minds did appear a few no members living there. They have just over a week living here, they are Carlos´ little sisters. Their mom left them here now for over a year while she is in the USA. They already went to church 2 weeks ago, even though I didn't see them, and now they are listening to us.  We are going to put a baptismal date for May 26th.  They have now gone twice to church and their brother is almost the most active member there so he will always take them to church. It is great. I don't believe that it was a coincidence that we went to visit that family that day (Carlos wasn't even there)

And the other great experience this week was on Thursday. We were out of things to do at 8:20, and so we decided to go visit another active member. He is the 1st counselor in the bishopric.  I had only gone to visit him once and they were busy. so it was just a stab in the dark that we could visit them. So we got there (they live a block away from the house) and guess what, the brother Bonifacio was sick and he wanted a blessing. So we gave it to him.  In the morning (Sunday he told us this) he felt better and was ready to work.  He told us Thursday night that it seemed as if we had known that he was sick when we went there.

So I learned once again that we don't have to recognize the impressions for them to be spiritual impressions. I love being in areas for a long time because some how, when I have been there for a while, we always seem to go to the right house at the right time.  I heard comments from the Bishop in Lomas that less active, or active members had told him that we had gotten to their houses in the exact moment that they asked God for help, and it seems that the same is happening here in Del Valle.  I am starting to really love the ward, and if everything turns out as planned then the youth and YSA in the ward should accompany us to appointments everyday this week. We'll see if we can get a strong missionary focus going in the ward. I'm excited for what's to come!!

I hope you all have a great week. I love you

Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment