Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

This week was great!!! we worked hard and we are getting there.  Really we are only teaching two people because we have been working with a lot of people for a few weeks.  We thought that conference would be a good opportunity for them to come to church at least one time.  I guess it just wasn't easy enough to make time for 2 hours this weekend.  We only had two people come to church, and one member brought one friend.  I guess that talking to and inviting everyone and asking 20 members to bring one friend to one session just wasn't enough.  We handed out over 60 invitations this week.  I guess that's what you call a "Brady Party" for every 30 people invited 1 person comes.  Typical.

The good news is that the two investigators that did come, came 3 or 4 times and were going to come to the Priesthood session too.  The only problem with that is that they are not male.  Sandra and Lolis are really excited and they are really working hard.  Sandra is going to get baptized next Saturday April 15th.  She is great and is reading and now we got her praying.  The only problem with this baptismal date is that she is now 8.15 months pregnant and is expecting for the end of April.  Hopefully nothing happens suddenly.  That would make it a little hard.  Lolis is also doing great.  She is reading and praying too.  She had some really good questions yesterday.  She felt like the talk by Joaquin E Coasta was directly for her....and I think she's right.

They are two of the best investigators that I have met in my mission and we are excited to see them progress.  They are really excited and working hard to get to baptism.  April 15 and May 6.  And good news we also are putting Baptismal dates for the 20th of May.  When my companion said that day I knew it was an important day in my life.  I´m sorry to say that it took me about 5 seconds to remember that it is one of the two most important days of my life.  We´ll see if dad remembers why...

Conference was also a highlight in my week. We also had the English subtitles for President Monson's talk.  It was rough to see him that way but it really motivates me to pass my physical limits for the work of the Lord. He could have easily sat down to give his talk, but he knew that there is no excuses to only do a job at 90% (and that is not talking bad about the other apostles that sometimes do sit down) but he gave everything that he had to help us to understand his message.

Have a great week and keep doing what you know is right.  I love you.

Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment