Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Sunday, July 15, 2018

We met President and Sister Robinson this week. He is very tall. She is very white.  But they are very funny and very excited.  They told us how they met, and got married, and a bunch of stuff about their family. They have like 26 grandkids that are all less than 12 or 13 years old.  They also told us a little about their MTC experience. They had all 15 Apostles for 3 days! and they had a sacrament meeting with the 15 as well. Imagine that! watch the Prophet, his counselors, and then the Quorum of the 12 all take the sacrament! pretty stinking cool.  I'll admit that I might be just a little jealous. They said that they only had one speaker. President Nelson. He talked about our fore-ordination to all serve in the mission together at the same time (that's what President Robinson and Sister Robinson told us).  It was pretty great to get to know them.

Georgina, Georgy and Kevin are doing well.  Georgy and Kevin are on track for the 28th. We found a hiccup with Georgina. She's not married and she has to get her voting card to be able to do that (Mexican ID system). It's going to take a while because the voting just finished. Within about a month or 2 she can work on getting another one.  They read the Book of Mormon and felt peace while they read it. That's good.  Eduardo, the husband, actually went to church yesterday.  I couldn't believe it. I guess continually inviting him worked, haha. We'll see if he wants to learn from us too. They seemed a little uncomfortable yesterday but I think that they liked it too.

BTW yesterday I heard a very interesting 15 minute talk about the temple garments in Sacrament Meeting. First time I take people to church in the new ward and they talk about our special clothing that "all of the members use".  And who knows what the investigators thought about that.  The other two talks were good about Baptisms for the dead and family history work, and then about temple marriage and the blessings of the temple.  All in all it was a pretty alright sacrament meeting.

We are also trying to work a bit more with Susan and Carmen. Carmen is a member that is in reactivation. and Susan wants to get baptized at some point. But we are just struggling with getting her confidence so that she can talk to us. She's almost 10 years old, but she might just be as shy as I was as a boy. We might just have to paint our faces or something. We'll see.  But the husband, Jesus, is going to change his work soon and then he will listen to us and go to church! yes!

We have a few other good people that we have found and we'll see if they progress. Many are contacted but few are baptized.  I'm still working on my charity :) that's a tough attribute sometimes.

This week we are going to move into another house. Finally.

I'm excited for these few weeks that I have left. I am really enjoying this area and the work in general. I just hope it never ends (even though I know that it will very soon) I am certainly taking advantage of every moment.

I know that this work is true and that the most important thing that we can learn to understand is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I learn so much about that blessed Sacrifice every single day and I know that God is teaching me in His own way, and so fast.   Everyday is just a flood of learning.  I love the Book of Mormon and know that it is very true.  God can and will help us overcome our weaknesses if we want to let Him.  I love this work.!!

I love you 
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment