Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Well we had another good week this week. We had interviews with the mission president.  It was the most straightforward and frank interview I have ever had.  Pretty much I can say that I came out knowing that I have to do more than I have been doing. That's not to say that I haven't been working, but I realized that I can work more, and focus more. So I have been working on that now and I guess I'll keep it up for another 7 weeks and then for the rest of my life.  It was a very inspiring and inspirational interview and I learned a lot about the power of a leader to be able to help the people that are under his charge.  And I can say that he is also doing a very effective job in following up on the commitments that I made.

Well the highlight this week was when we went to the primary activity on Wednesday. We took 2 less active families and their daughters that aren't baptized.  One of the families was Carmen and Susan and her little sister Kenia.  She has a car so she helped us take the other family which is the family of Delia and Emily and her older sister Juanita.  The good thing was that once the families were there they started to interact with the other sisters (after some pushing and shoving from our part) and it seems that Delia seems to have remembered some old friendships that she had had several years ago.  The Bishop said that they are not going to let them get away again.

So Carmen and her husband are looking at getting married so that means that her husband could then be baptized. And Susan decided that she does want to get baptized, we just have to find them home to be able to put a baptismal date with Susan. But we are finally starting to get her confidence so that she talks to us.  She is just about as shy as I was as a child. But we are getting there.  Her dad is supporting her in her decision to get baptized.  Hopefully we will have success with that family.

And Georgina, Georgy, and Kevin also have some good news.  Eduardo, the dad, came to church with them last Sunday, and I guess it awoke something inside of him and now he is listening to us very well with a lot of questions. They are looking at getting married and as soon as the can. It looks like they will get that process moving.  Hopefully before September gets here they will be married. I sure hope so.  Georgy is reading and looking for an answer for if the Book of Mormon is true so that he can know if the church is true.  He stayed yesterday for Preisthood meeting and the whole Elder's quorum talked to HIM and answered HIS questions and bore testimony to him (and the other brother that the sisters brought) that the church is true and about the power of the priesthood and why they felt the spirit when we talked to them the first time. It was really cool and I can honestly say that it was the most inspiring, united, spiritual, and uplifting third hour class that I have ever been to. Everybody talked, everybody bore testimony, everybody was uplifted by the experience. And I am pretty sure that Georgy might have gotten his answer there.  They were all talking to him after it finished and everybody wants to accompany us to visit him. It was incredible. I just wish that his parents had stayed for the third hour :( maybe next week.

We worked one day just knocking doors all day looking for people to teach in a neighborhood here.  We had had very little success and only a few people had kinda accepted us.  We were running out of time and said a prayer (and believe me when I say that we had already prayed like 5 times while working) and contacted the last person that we had time to contact. Her mom is a member, and she looks very willing to progress.  We go tomorrow with Perla to see how well it goes for us. I sure hope that she progresses.  It reminded me of Elder Uchtdorf's talk Fourth Floor, Last Door.  I hope that it worked for us as well.

We have a few other people that we have started teaching. Maria Isabel Accepted a baptismal date, and says she is going to read the Book of Mormon. She still hasn't read, but we hope that she can start to take more importance for the Book of Mormon and our message so that she can also start to progress a little more.,

It's a very exciting work, and I sure hope that the month of August is a great success and every month that follows. I love you all and thank you for your support. The Church is true and Christ does direct it personally.

Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment