Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 24, 2016

Make sure to check out the photos page for a few more photos from Mexico.

I got Grandma´s first letter this week, the one from the MTC.  I guess it takes about 5 weeks for letters.  I got the package too.  Thank you for the letters.  

I´m really glad to hear that you can still manage to pull off a little fun without me at the cabin.  I really enjoy the hour every night in which I can sit and look at the trees and think about mountains, snow, wolf creek, and especially a little bit about home.

I am really getting used to the weather, I don´t have to drink quite as much water to stay alive everyday, and if nothing else it does not feel nearly as humid as it did when I got off the plane.  When I got off the plane there was water on all of the windows, but I guess I´m nearly used to it.

And I am using the insect repellent, it really does quite a number on the mosquito bites, but really what helps the most is that it has stopped raining.  All of the ponds in the street are drying up.

So the baptisms this week.  Not happening this week.  We should have two baptisms next Saturday.  Fernanda (the 16 year old) and Frederico (the blind one).  We lost our family, Nataly and Bradon, and their daughter Melony.  It´s not even a family any more.  The couple was never married but they decided to move out and so they will not be baptized here.  Brandon, might be staying here, and we are hopping so, because he is really close to ready to be baptized.

Fernanda and Frederico are really excited for their baptisms.  We have contacted a few new people, and have a very promising family of 6, but we´ll see after 1 or 2 more lessons.  We taught an incredible lesson last night to Wendy (a recent convert) and her mom and brother.  We taught her dad a few weeks ago, and so they are kind of interested.

Transfers are this week end.  We think that president will leave us together, but that means that I will probably have more responsibility as a "Zone Leader"  It won´t be official, but Elder Mondragon will be a Zone Leader solo.  We´ll see what president does, but either I´m co-Zone leader, or I get moved just before my first baptisms.  It´s
really the only option, because the zone is losing wards.  We´ll see and I´ll let you know next Monday.

Everything is going really well.  We are working well together and I am really starting to learn to contact, and to teach more by the spirit and with more confidence.  It really helped that yesterday I taught Gospel Principles to the investigators and recent converts.  It was on Family History and Temple work.  They all said that it was really good and that they all understood.  My companion said that if I can teach individuals like I did the class of 8 or 9 people then I will be a great teacher.

I hope everything is going well at home.

Invite all of the neighbors to church every week, the missionaries would love that.  I promise.

Keep choosing the right.

Love Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment