Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016

Man, you guys get a 30 degree drop.  I wish I could get one of those.  It´s still pretty hot here, but I do think that it was a little bit cooler last week so that was a great break from the constant heat.

I´m glad you guys got to watch conference this weekend what I saw of it was pretty good.  We were late to almost every session because we were working really hard to get people to come.  We ended up with 5 total investigators in conference, but all 5 of these investigators are new, none of the people we have been teaching.

Last week we got a lot of rain on a few of the days, and let me describe this.  The roads are litteraly rivers. Usually it is only a few of the roads that are rivers, but some of these are impassable and knee deep, so we have to walk through.  The water fills my shoes, soaks my pants and I am soaked in water all day.

I figured out the best way to describe my companion.  Two words.  Craig Bluth (or I guess Elder Bluth).  They are almost exactly the same.  There are two differences.  Craig is white, my companion is Mexican.  And second Elder Mondragon is 2 years older and 20 months on a mission more mature.  so when Craig gets home they will be the same.  They are both very direct, say what they think, can always convince me that their way is the most accurate and best, know a ton about a lot of random things, have a lot of energy (Elder Mondragon´s is just more contained), and they are both great people.  It´s a good thing I always liked craig so that it was a pretty easy adjustment to my companion.

The work is going great.  We don´t have any investigators with baptismal dates, none of our investigators have come to church (besides those that the members bring, which are really great investigators that have a ton of potential), but we talk to a lot of people.  July and Alejandra are two 15 year old girls, that we have been teaching.  July is really direct and has a bit of a potty mouth (I guess that´s why I have such a hard time understanding her), and she really doesn´t like the church.  Her mom is inactive but is trying to come back and bring her daughter.  Alejandra is their neighbor, she is really receptive, but her mom is very catholic and doesn´t support her coming to church or anyting.  We´ll keep trying and see what happens.

Andrez is another investigator.  He is 17.  He has a lot of questions but we really have to teach him slow, because he doesn´t move very fast.  But he really wants to learn and this is helping him a lot to try.  Trying is all that God wants, then God will do the rest.  We´re trying really help him and focus on him.  His grandma came to the last lesson.  She is a catholic, but understands the doctrine of the bible really well, and learned the plan of salvation really easily.  Hopefully she will continue to come to Christ and bring Andrez with her.

And then we have a golden investigator.  Her name is Juana Maria.  She is really receptive to the plan of salvation, because one of her sons died when he was only 5 and it was a really rough situation.  She is really receptive to the gospel, and I think we will be able to move really far really fast with her.

I loved the emphasis on member missionary work and just missionary work in conference.  Get involved, bring people to church.  Just invite them and those that are ready for the gospel will come and accept the message.

Thank you for all of the support that you are giving me.  I can feel it everyday.  I love you guys.  Keep doing the things you should and God will always bless you, just sometimes you wont see it immediately.

Love Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment