Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 12, 2016


Dia Guadalupano (Day of the Virgin)
All of the Catholic´s are celebrating today, pretty crazy.

I don´t know how or why you shared the cold with me but I got it too. I´m just finishing getting over it, but mine was only for 2 days.  Hope you get well soon.

I´m still in the same area with the same people, Elder Marrufo.  6 more weeks and we´ll see what happens.

We had another baptism in Hidalgo this weekend, Lizbeth.  I couldn't go but it sounded like it went well.  I´ll ask for pictures.

I´m getting pretty excited about Christmas.  I don´t know why, but I´m still feeling the Christmas spirit and I bought myself a Grapefruit today because it reminds me of Christmas.

Yesterday we had Stake conference with Elder Castañeda.  He´s a 70. We can only go to the General session but his talk there was incredible and the bishop said that the other 2 were great as well.  He had us bring 60 investigators as a stake (We had 30).  He had them all stand up and then testified directly to them.  It was so cool.  I have never felt the spirit so strongly (besides one other time in my life) than when he said with tears in his eyes "I testify to you that what the missionaries are teaching you is the truth"  They felt it,
and there is no way anyone in the congregation did not.  He bore testimony so many times.  He told some incredible stories about the temple and repentance.  He said that it is not an effective church meeting unless we leave feeling like we need to repent or change something in our life.  The Stake president talked about how we need to repent.  Repentance is not just to stop sinning but to really change how you act and what you want.  It was a great Stake conference and I learned a lot.

Everything is going well we are starting to find a few more people to teach.  We have found a lot of drug addicts and drunks that say that they can hear the spirit when we speak and that they know that it is true.  But when we try to get them to do something they say no.  They hear the voice of God but they don´t follow the Good Shepherd just know that He is good.  It made me wonder how many times we do that in our life.  We know that Christ has all power and that the Church is true, but we have those things that we don´t want to change, or that we keep away from Him.  Here is a picture of our zone.  Elder Nixon back left, was the district leader but he went home today to West Jordan.  Hna Clark in the front center went home to Provo.  Everyone else stays.  (The picture did not actually attach, so hopefully he can get it to us next week.)

Hope you all have a great week.  We´ll keep going here and see what happens.

I love you
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment