Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 19, 2016

More pictures! Check out the photos page.

The package has not arrived yet, but don´t worry, it´ll get here when it get´s here.

It´s ridiculously cold here too.  Last night it was supposed to get down to 9 degrees (Celsius of course) but it´s really cold with the humidity.  Luckily we don´t have the fog that soaks your clothes in seconds yet, but it´s really hard to dry clothing with the cold. We also have to hang up clothes in the house, but it´s really not big enough even though we have stuff in every room.

I am really looking forward to Christmas.  I have no idea why, but really I´m more excited about this Christmas than I ever have been in the past.  My companion is hating my excitement (I think he´s missing his family a lot, and in part a girlfriend) and he won't let me sing the Christmas hymns in companion study.  We stilll do about 3 times a week, but he doesn´t enjoy it.

I did get the testimonies and I really appreciate that.  I´ll print off some of them, and try to hand them out.

I´m excited to hear about the Silver Rush total.  It´s pretty exciting, and I´m glad all of the concerts went well and that the door looks just as good as ever.

This week was pretty good.  I´m really starting to love the work, even though it is still not going perfectly well.  We´re going to leave a few more investigators because they won´t stop drinking or doing drugs and they won´t come to church even when we talk to them like 15 times.  Yesterday the whole ward (with 2 sets of missionaries) only had 1 investigator and it was a family member of the bishop (the bishop is great).  When church started we only had about 30 people in the chapel, it did fill in though a bit by the end.

We had a Chirstmas party in the ward this week which was pretty good.  We had 15 investigators that came to this (and the other Elders had 8 investigators).  It started only an hour and a half late.  There was a nativity, a whole bunch of group performances and Santa came.  We did get to finish with dinner so that was good, but I like Dad´s Christmas parties better.

I am the ward pianist if I hadn't told you, I had to play and practice with like all of the groups for the party,  It was a bit of a pain taking time out of the work, but it improved their performance about 500%, because everyone here cannot hear the notes right.

This week on Friday we get to all come together as a Mission to eat Christmas dinner.  We´re all pretty excited to have all 150 missionaries together.  Then we get to play sports, watch a movie, and hang out as a zone on Monday, so we´re all pretty happy.

I was really happy yesterday that the Stake President got me out of speaking.  He went a little over time and so I did not end up speaking.  Hopefully they don´t move me to next Sunday, but we´ll see what happens.

I love the mission, and I´m really excited for Christmas.  I hope you have a great week and a Merry Christmas.

I love you
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment