Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Where´s the Snow? 85 Degrees?

It´s still hot here.  I asked someone when the cold will get here, because occasionally we have a cold front they just laughed.  They said "Here, it´s really hot for ten months out of the year.  And then just hot for the other two months."  So I guess there will be no snow here for Christmas.

Pretty much nothing happened this week.  We worked everyday.  Found a few people to teach but nothing really happened.  We couldn´t find any of our remaining investigators so we´re hoping they were just on vacation this week.  Honestly I looked at my Journal to remember what happened this week.  Then I remembered that this week my journal took up only about 2 pages becuase nothing happened.  Usually it´s about 8 or 9 pages and some weeks 15.  so Yeah it was a pretty boring week.

Regardless, I´m enjoying my time here.  With 4 Elders in the ward we still eat together a few days out of the week so that is really fun. With Elder Martinez and Elder Button we laugh a lot.  They know how to work hard, but when we aren´t working they know how to enjoy thier time too.

I found out that Hidalgo is going to have 4 baptisms in the next few weeks of people that Elder Mondragon and I taught.  A family of 3.  Nataly and Brandon and their duaghter Melani.  I guess they finally decided to get married so we are pretty happy about that.  If I stay here (transfers next week) then I should be able to go.

Bishop Preza is really starting to do some missionary work.  He had 4 family members (Nephew, Brother in law, Grandkids) all come to church yesterday, separately.  We are starting to teach his sister.  We are very pleased with him.  His story is pretty good too.  He´s a convert of 4 years.  The day after getting sealed to his spouse (1 year after his baptism) he was called to be second counselor in the bishopbric and now he´s bishop.  He said he goes to every training or meeting that the stake has for organizations (YW YM, Relief Society.....) He´s a pretty awesome bishop that is really taking to the missionary work and helping us a ton.

Christmas day it sounds like we go to church and then go to any dinners that we are invited to.  Other than
that we stay home.  the 26th we get to play sports, watch a movie, and hang out with the zone, so we are pretty excited about that.

The Christmas devotional was pretty good last night, we only got to see about 20 or 30 minutes but we still felt the
spirit so that was great.

I´m glad to hear that the ward party went well.  About 90 people in an activity would be great, we get about 20. We do have about 150 peopleat church though, but nobody comes during the week.

Thank you for your support.  I´ll keep planting the seed while I look for the ones that other people have already planted.

Thank you for everything you do for me.  I love you so much and hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

Love
Elder Brady Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment