Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 22, 2016

A surprise email that we received on Wednesday the 21st of August.

So I´m getting there on the humidity.  It´s still pretty warm so I´m getting used to it.  My companion is really nice.  His name is Elder Mondragon (I know that´s pretty cool).  It sounds like he used to be a little disobedient, he said he had some companions that had an affect on him, but he got some help and is now really obedient and hard
working.  I´ve talked to several people in the street and even a few in the airport, so that is pretty cool.  It´s kinda hard to understand some of the people here and that makes it hard to share things with them, but I´m sure it will get better fast.  The people are so nice and they love to talk to us in the street, so we have a lot of contacts and a lot of people comited to come sunday so we´ll see how many of them show up.

We are in an area where there have not been any missonaries for 6 weeks and it sounds like their missionary work has ground to a hault, but we´ll get it going again.  Elder Mondragon says that before January (when he goes home) he wants to get 20 more baptisms to reach 100.  I told him we´d do it, but apparently 15 would be a record and so would 20, so I guess we´ll be record holders.

I´m am really glad to be out of the MTC and I really like my new companion a whole lot better than my old companion.  WE ACUTALLY STUDIED THIS MORNING!!!  It was great.  I´m glad I am finally in the work.

So today we went to the store to buy stuff, because we had NO FOOD in the house.  Thank goodness I bought somebread last night from someone on the road for 10 pesos (55 cents).  I guess it was probable an impresson to buy it because I would have not eaten until today around noon.  But now I have food so don´t worry, and the members are feeding us too.

So a bit of a miracle today with the food.  We got it, and get out into the street walking to the bus route (I say bus route be cause the bus stop is where ever there are people).  It is so hot here that my plastic bags melted!!! My eggs fell and broke and then a few seconds later my soap and cereal.  So we picked it up smiling, of course, and
a guy brought us some new bags. So we get all of that and are still smiling.  And we finish walking to the bus route and a taxi pulled up, with two guys in it instead of one.  THe passenger was a member and payed for our ride (Or maybe it was because the two were just friends it was free, I really dont know)  So we got air conditioning, didn´t have to walk, and didn´t have to wait.  And we have the cab driver´s number for if we ever need a ride again.  So I guess that´s why we need to endure our affliciotns well.

I´m loving the work out here, it is way better than the MTC.  I love working with my compainion I think we´re going to do great.  I love you guys and am so glad we are sealled together for eternity, so I´m trying to share this with others.  Thank you for your prayers and your support.

I am in the district/stake MAdero, Ward/area Hidalgo.  We don´t know what the address is to our house, but we do know where it is.  So just have grandma or anyone send things to the mission house address and they´ll get it to us.


I love you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment