Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 22, 2016

After seeing that his P-Day was on Thursday, we expected to hear from him a few days later.  Little did we know that his email he sent on Monday. counted as his letter for the week.  It made for a long week and a half waiting to hear from him again.  We received this on Thursday, September 8th.

I can´t believe how fast I learned the language.  I still have a very hard time reading, I´m prettty slow and say a lot of the words wrong, but I´m getting there.  I could just about understand everyone except for a few people after just a few days.  But I think its about 1% because I am faster of myself, 5% because other people are slower, and
the other 200% is God.  I actually think I learn more at night while I am sleeping than I do all day.  It´s incredible the spirit here.  I do now think that I am advanced.  Some of the other people speak spanish and english both pretty fluently so that is more helpful than the dictionary they gave me most of the time.  (By the way dad, Spanish English and Mandarine are three of the top ten, and maybe even the top 5 hardest languages, so if you could look up where dutch is on that list that would be great)

So about the airport.  I got there and could not find anybody holding a sign for me, and so I wandered a bit until a guy told me to just stand still and watch for somebody.  Eventually I sat down (45 minutes after landing, 20 minutes after waiting) and called somebody.  They said, ¨who?¨and so they sent somebody to get me.  They both had thick accents and then the other two missionaries we picked up both had accents that were really strong too so I was really nervous.  But then the next day (cuz most of the natives get there tuesdays) my companion Elder Estrada came.  He is really loving and nice, but he always wants to use my stuff (razor, water bottle, deoderant) and then when I say no he guilt trips me with ¨what would Christ do?¨ I really don´t know, so these things I don´t share, but don´t worrry I do share pens and other non-sanitary items.

I am the branch pianist, and so I had to sing a solo the other day too after Hermana Wood (the other native speaker in our group)  did, because apparently all Americans are good singers (at least compared to most of the tone deaf mexicans). 

Today we went to the temple in fact we just got back.  It´s a good thing I remember pretty well what the endowment is like in English, because a ton of the words are so different in spanish.  (BTW the videos are the same, just with a spanish voice instead, so I could read lips in English too.)

If I had known last monday that it was the only time to write I would have written more, I don´t know what, but I would have.  I miss you guys but I´ve found that when I am really imersed in the work I actually do not miss you as much, but I love you more.  Every night in my journal I write "I love my family, I love God and I love His work" I pray for you and can´t wait to see you when I get home.

I can´t think of anything else to write so I guess I´ll look for your emails next week, and can´t wait to write you again. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment