Brady's email address

If you would like to send Brady a short message his email address is brady.allred@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Here is his email from September 15th.

I´m glad all of you think it is going really fast.  Because I agree. The first about 5 days were really slow but since then it still feels like it is only the first week.  The food is great here.  But I like the food at home better.  I am always really hungry at meal times so I eat really fast, and at least the food tastes good when I am really hungry.  If I were eating as often here as I do at home then I don´t think I would like it nearly as much.  (and the tortillas are all corn tortillas so that kinda throws it off).

I´m going to be honest.  Most of the time I love it here, but I guess that makes sense since I am an AP student.  We are in classes 10 hours a day and studying 4 more, so it´s pretty much what I´m good at.  I can finally speak almost anything I need to for the lessons, and can almost understand everything.  I give all the thanks to God, because I really have not done enough studying to learn as much as I have.  I am so glad that I have read the scriptures enough and paid attention in seminary, because I know the scriptures way better than any of the
other missionaries in my zone (only 33 other people).  They always ask me where certain scriptures are and regardless of the fact that the scriptures are in spanish I can tell them the chapter and then within seconds find the verse that they are looking for.

I can´t believ Elder Ballard came on sunday because on Sunday we had a devotional broadcast from Provo, with Elder Ballard!!!  He talked to us about our goal/purpose as missionaries.  We are are to bring Light and Joy through the Gospel to the world, much more than just bring the gospel to the world.We have also had devotionals with elder christofferson and with Elder Cook.  Which wer both pretty good too.  (BTW just about every Tuesday and Sunday there is a broadcast on LDS.org that is a missionary broadcast to the MTC´s, if you guys would like you could watch those, there pretty good, and I bet there even better without a voiceover translation).

Apparently Tuesday was my birthday.  I was talking to some Americans at dinner and when I wasn´t looking every one in my zone got up to put their trays away.  When I got up and put mine away I came around the corner they all started singing "happy birthday" at the top of their lungs.  They were mad that I was talking to Americans instead of them so they were trying to embarass me.  It was hilarious.  Half the MTC thinks that my birthday was on Tuesday.

I´ve seen a ton of people from Riverton, but the only names that I remember right now are Elder Wolfley (arrived on Tuesday), Elder Smart, Sister Jones, Elder Moody, and Elder Jones (from Copper Hills) and elder Neddo (and yes Jakon he has recovered from his appendix) It´s pretty great to see them and know that I already speak more
spanish than they will in 3 months, I guess that´s why I am considered a Latino in my Zone.


A few of our teachers yelled at us for always being late and always talking the other day.  They said "We know which ones of you are actually here to serve a mission" and then they looked right at me. Later one of them stopped me and said "thank you for loving Christ." I really don´t want to follow Christ to show anyone else what I am doing, but I guess when you follow Christ other people will always be watching you so you need to be dilligent in doing what´s right.

So I leave Monday.  I will be flying to Tampico with 12 other missionaries, about half Latino and half American.  But the bad news is that we leave at 2:00.  Morning or afternoon?  In the Morning.  I really do not want to get up that early.  Our flight is at 6:20.  I am only allowed 123 lbs (50 for my two bags and 23 for my carry on)  I think I can do that but it does cost $850 for my second bag.  Ok so that´s in pesos (but the symbol is the same) it´s only about 50 dollars in cash so I´ll have to pay for that, but I´ll be reimbersed.
 

I am ready to get out into the feild and really start working.  I feel so ready to share the great message of the Gospel with people who are looking for it.  I love you guys and know that God is with me and with you, helping us with our trials and blessing our good choices.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment